Progress at Aquarena Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mack Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I took a class to Aquarena Springs today, to do their check out dives. Demolition has started on the old dressing room. They have the building knocked down and are clearing away the debris. I also heard that they are going to clear an area next to the ramp and their will be stairs there to make for easier exit from the water.

Mack Diver:
I took a class to Aquarena Springs today, to do their check out dives. Demolition has started on the old dressing room. They have the building knocked down and are clearing away the debris. I also heard that they are going to clear an area next to the ramp and their will be stairs there to make for easier exit from the water.

....Stairs....YES!

Thanks for the update :)

Why don't they just wait a bit longer, and have the hurricane do all the work for them.:D

*runs away*

So are they allowing volunteers? The weather isn't going to let me get offshore this coming weekend so maybe I can come up a do a little volunteering.

If anyone has any photos, it would be nice to see what things are looking like.

They probably won't let any volunteers help with the demo, but if you'd like to go out and help build the steps, I bet Ethan can use some help.

The big change so far is the demo of that decrepit structure that was roped off at the end of the fence line. The changing rooms are still there, but there is a new breeze way now that the other end of the building is gone.

Mack Diver:
Demolition has started on the old dressing room. They have the building knocked down and are clearing away the debris.

It wouldn't have taken much to knock it down. It could have probably been pushed down...LOL

NO, I wasn't really wanting to help with demo. I am sure that they are still needing volunteers for the lake still.

But then again there is still alot of work that needs to be done at Mammoth Lake so I will probably just work out there.

Back
Top Bottom