Program to view RAW pics (ORF)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
So I play a bit with my new Oly C5050. Just wonder though if there is a good efficient program that will let me view Olympus Raw Format. Camedia Master 4.1 will but it takes a while to view a picture. My computer is not the fastest but still pretty good with plenty of RAM (512 mb). I know the file is > 7mb but in comparison to a JPEG 2.5mb file, it takes significantly longer to open a file. Photoshop with RAW plugin will load faster but I can't view thumbnail first before selecting a picture so it is not very convienient for screening pictures either.

Any suggestion?

Thanks both for the links. I tried irfanview and it is pretty good. However it does not let me preview thumpnail of each pic quickly.
I still have to go in an open each picture individually. However, since it is free, I can't complain :)
Unless I am doing something wrong, I don't think that BreezeBrowser support Olympus Raw Format. I just installed it and it does not recognize any ORF file. I think it only supports RAW file from Canon, Fuji and Nikon.

Thanks, just figure out how to see the thumbnail. Unfortunately it takes quite awhile to load all the thumbnail though.:(

I know I should not complain about a freeware :)
Oh well, I also found a shareware program call Imatch Image that also will show orf file and is significantly faster than camedia at loading pictures. The only complain is that it will not show thumbnail and picture on the same page so I can't just scroll and screen all the pictures quickly. Oh well, will keep looking...

Back
Top Bottom