http://www.diveheart.org/

Program to help save whales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim:
They already did...twice! :wink:
I was thinking more of those vikings in Iceland, but yes, you are right.

DennisS:
Hopefully the next time this egomaniac tries to sink a vessel on the high seas they have a rifle and a seaman that is a good shot.

http://www.highnorth.no/Library/Movements/Sea_Shepherd/se-sh-re.htm

http://www.activistcash.com/organization_overview.cfm/oid/347

After the sinking of the Icelandic whaling vessels in 1986, Sea Shepherd lost its status as observer at the IWC(International Whaling Commission). The organisation claims that it is merely enforcing IWC rules. In February 1994, IWC Secretary, Ray Gambell, declared to NTB (the Norwegian Telegram Agency) that the IWC and all its member states ardently condemn Sea Shepherd’s acts of terrorism.

If you want to support an organization that tries to save marine mammals go with Greenspeace, they got rid of this nut long ago.
You should be ashamed of yourself. Sea Shepherd is the only organization that physically intervenes with illegal whaling. They haven't hurt anyone so far, and they make it a point not to. Go Paul Watson!:wink:
Is it better to kill whales or to defend them?
I wouldn't be surprised at the content on those websites; activistcash.com has a whole list of mostly environmentalist groups, including Greenpeace, which it bashes incessantly. That's what the whole site is about. The High North Alliance is a Norwiegan whaling club; need I say more?
RichKirby:
And I thought Greenpeace was crazy...
Wow. If filming a whale being killed is crazy, what isn't?

No, that's not crazy. Ramming other boats and shooting at other boats (when you are NOT law enforcement performing a legitimate law enforcement mission, i.e. the Coast Guard shooting the motor out on a drug runner) is crazy. I support saving whales and don't support the hunting of them, but a group such as Sea Shepherd performs illegal acts themselves. Radical groups such as this give other groups bad raps.

Zingtea:
You should be ashamed of yourself. Sea Shepherd is the only organization that physically intervenes with illegal whaling. They haven't hurt anyone so far, and they make it a point not to. Go Paul Watson!:wink:
Is it better to kill whales or to defend them?
I wouldn't be surprised at the content on those websites; activistcash.com has a whole list of mostly environmentalist groups, including Greenpeace, which it bashes incessantly. That's what the whole site is about. The High North Alliance is a Norwiegan whaling club; need I say more?

I've spent my life at sea as an oceanographic technician. Part of my safety training is watching videos of how fast a ship sinks after a collision. There is one video of a fishing boat that sinks two minutes after a collision, two men died on it. I like your statement, ---so far---, does this means it's ok to do it until one person dies, two people, a crew.

This man is an egotistical maniac that uses the environmental movement to justify his actions. He shoot at boats with AK-47s, hopefully the next boat has a crewmember that can shoot straight and get this hazard to navigation removed from the ocean.

I am using a lot of restraint in writing this because if I stated how I really feel about an individual that intentionally sinks ships on the high seas with people aboard, the post would be pulled.

Dennis...
It's hardly surprising that Zingtea feels like he does, after all....he thinks that: "a whale's life is just as important as a human's life":
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2387494&postcount=13

Given that, supporting Sea Shepherd/Paul Watson is just a consistent position.

Dennis needs to give better proof than content from clearly biased web sites. Paul Watson's actions are illegal, are they? So is whaling.
Kim:
Given that, supporting Sea Shepherd/Paul Watson is just a consistent position.
...and, my dear friend, your position is consistent with that of a whaler and anti-environmentalist.

Zingtea:
Dennis needs to give better proof than content from clearly biased web sites. Paul Watson's actions are illegal, are they? So is whaling.

...and, my dear friend, your position is consistent with that of a whaler and anti-environmentalist.

He admits sinking these ships with people aboard.

We all know that terrorist tactics are illegal, every suicide bomber believes their cause justifies the death of other people. It's just a matter of time before Watson kills someone.

DennisS:
He admits sinking these ships with people aboard.
I know he's sunk ships; show me something said/written by Paul Watson or a Sea Shepherd member saying that people were aboard any of those ships.

There are almost always people aboard ships, even tied to the pier, they are called watchstanders. A ship is an expensive piece of gear and the owner doesn't want to lose it because of a leaky valve or a fire in a trashcan. They usually make rounds once an hour.

Most criminals don't confess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom