ProEar 2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

liberato:
Aha, I see now! Well at least that website is good for the FAQ...

The website is excellent for information, making you feel better when its less expensive than it is on the site (womens shopping psychology) .. AND .. I got the benefit of a little “chat” with you .. that made ALL the difference ! :wink:

I have allergies and when they are real bad i use my Pro Ear and LOVE it. I would have to call dives before owning one, now i dont leave home without it. I know a guy that had a closed head trauma and the pressure bothered him in the right ear and was told he couldn't dive again till he tried one out. He is now an instructor for a local dive shop.

I love it .. no question

It flooded once, on entry and the current was too strong to adjust on the surface, but totally my mistake not taking care to put it on properly. Not sure if you can clear it under water, but I certainly couldnt .. 3meters and my ear hurt, I equalized eventually, but it was uncomfortable all through the dive .. I dived the second dive having not really recovered from the first and was ready to abort, but no problems, came out with drops of water, but no pain whatsoever, it stayed as "annoying" as it was on land, third dive same thing, by the next day I was fine. Couple of days later, I swopped to my old mares just to see and again, really slow to equalize in one ear, uncomforatble thoughout dive and after dive, I also noticed the difference in the hard rubber seal of the mares, I do not even notice the seal on the ProEar its so soft. Went straight back to my new ProEar and was happy for the rest of the holiday.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT .. Its a bit of a pain to get my hair out of the ear muffs, but the design gives you a "handle" to pull it away from your ear to pull the hair out. Well worth the effort and definately worth the money :)

monagirl:
Not sure if you can clear it under water, but I certainly couldnt ...
It is very easy to clear a flood. Put head in upright position. Thumbs on top of ear cups and forefingers on top of mask. Blow briskly through nose. Just as with a mask, you will always get small amount of water in the ear cups but it is very easy to keep clear and it is even easy to clear a complete flood.

I have had major equalization problems and decided to try my luck on the ProEar mask. Thank god I took my time and discovered this web site:

http://www.earinc.com/p2-water-proear.php

It sells for $80 compared to $169 at the actual ProEar web site:

http://www.proear2000.com/

What's with that???? I'm anxiously awaiting my mask as I have a dive coming up in October and if the mask works well I'll be sure to put a posting up.

Agreed .. I got mine from Scuba Toys, cheapest and Larry was real nice .. Managed to get the ears to clear .. thank you AGAIN Liberato ..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom