Product development question for divers with boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am trying to see if there would be interest in a 6' tall version of our rod holder flag poles. Our current flag pole is 48" tall and good for mounting on t-tops and some gunnel mount rod holders as long as it gets the dive flag above the highest point on the boat. This has been an issue for some boats that dont have a t-top and have a tall console or very low gunnels. The 6' version would be identical in design with a minimal increase is cost. Storage would be more difficult but it could be stored like a fishing rod where the 4' version is too short for many under gunnel fishing rod racks.
I have and a few requests but in order to build these and sell at a reasonable cost, I have to order the 6' material in large quantities. Just trying to gauge interest before investing in the material late in the season.
Input appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

If your not familiar with the product, this is the 4' version mounted on a t-top.
Boat @ A-S Lighthouse.jpg

Seems like a decent idea - But I run my flags (alpha and DD) from the outrigger lines so they are as high as possible. We leave the rigger in the vertical position and run the flags up.

I usually use a 9', two piece, surf casting rod for the small flag, stuck in the rod holder or the outrigger for the big flag

Back
Top Bottom