Procella wetsuits and stuff - a review.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Recently ScubaBoard gained a new member - procella. Out of curiosity (and because of the 25% SB discount! :D ) I checked out their website, as well as running other searches on the Net to discover more about this company. I was in the market for a new 3mm wetsuit to use in the tropics - last year my rental 3mm shortie in Thailand left a lot to be desired! I decided that I had very little to lose so I went ahead and ordered wetsuits for my wife and myself, hoods, and a pair of boots.

They arrived yesterday.

My first impression came from the neoprene itself. It's quality, good quality! It also appears to be slightly thicker than other 3mm suits that I have seen. It has a nylon coating inside that made it no problem to slip into even though there are no ankle or wrist zippers. I was already impressed!
The second thing I looked at was the stitching. Procella have double stitched all the joins and it's very nicely done. There seems little chance that this is going to come apart any time soon. The neck and cuffs are fitted with a smooth rubber seal that I have only seen used in much more expensive suits. It feels very comfortable to wear.
The YKK zipper is both glued and stitched, again very nicely.

I won't be able to use it in the water until March, but I have to say that I'm really looking forward to that! I have a feeling though that this suit is going to last for years.

The hoods that we got are made with the same quality of neoprene and stitching, except the neoprene used is 5mm. They have a nice cape at the bottom which looks like it will insure a very good seal in the neck area. They fit well.

The boots I will reserve comment on for later as I ordered the wrong size (my fault) and will be exchanging them. I will say now though that (in my albeit limited experience with boots!) they look like the best boots I've ever seen. Take that as you will....I haven't seen many! :D

All in all, for a wetsuit that cost me GBP 42.21 (US$ 72.43), I feel that I have got a very good deal. This was one hunch that I'm very glad I followed! :D

Kim

Thank you for the great review, we are very confident the quality and value particularly with our SCUBABOARD offer is unbeatable.

Many thanks for your business.

Peter Rayner MD Procella Limited

Never heard of the company until checking website. Wetsuits look great-and a nice 3mm for $72.00 is a super deal!

Took a look at your website, which looks great :). It looks like you have some good products at very reasonable prices (I think :wink:), especially with the SB discount.

What I didn't see (and it could be that I didn't look far enough) which could be helpful to a lot of people, is a link to a currency converter for international customers. Is there any way to add one so we could see what your products would cost in our local currency (not just US dollars, but any international currency)? Or is it already there and I just didn't look far enough? Thanks....

Kim

Way ahead of you, a currency converter will be installed on the site this weekend in US$ and EURO. Hope this helps

Peter

Hello all,

Just to let you all know the currency converter is now up on our website www.procella.co.uk in EURO and USD. Just click the currency sign at the top of the homepage to get all prices in money that means something to you. Also all postage prices are shown on all items for Europe and WoldWide delivery.

Procella:
Hello all,

Just to let you all know the currency converter is now up on our website www.procella.co.uk in EURO and USD. Just click the currency sign at the top of the homepage to get all prices in money that means something to you. Also all postage prices are shown on all items for Europe and WoldWide delivery.

I think something on your site goes very wrong, if more than one is ordering under the same login... Anyway I was repeatedly logged on and off, and had various items added and removed from my basket, using you advertised login.

Will wait a couple of days till you get it fixed.

Nicolai

Hi Nicolai

We can't seem to find any problems. Let us know what you would like to order and we will duplicate this on our system to see if this causes any issues? We can aslo take any orders overs the phone or email if you quote the Username and password below. Other people from ScubaBoard have ordered with no problems but we are looking into it.

Many thanks

Peter

Nicolai

Just to let you know on further investigation our server had a brief memory leak that caused the log-in system to not recognise a username when swapping between pages. This has now been resolved and all should be well at www.procella.co.uk

Let me know if you have any further problems.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom