Procedures for mares abyss mr-22 yoke to din conversion and more

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DirtRider

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I got the conversion kit to din for the mares abyss 05/mr-22 combo. Is there anything I need to be careful of for the install? Can someone give procedures because no instructions come with it? I can't imagine this being overly dangerous and complicated for someone who doesn't mind doing their own wrenching. I have a viton o-ring and crystal or crysto or whatever lube kit if any lube is needed.

Also, is this detailed in the service manuals? I have 2 of these regs and eventually want to learn to do my own service on them anyway. Only 1 is from an LDS. The other is new but not from an authorized dealer. I got it cheap and will use it when I start tech training. I want to switch this one to din. I noticed they had something different on the sticker. A "T" I think it was which stands for trilimanite I believe (poppet)??? What is this change for and does it change the annual service parts needs?

Converting from yolk to din and back is easy. Just unscrew the yoke fitting and screw in the din using an Allan key. You won’t need any lube.

DirtRider:
I got the conversion kit to din for the mares abyss 05/mr-22 combo. Is there anything I need to be careful of for the install? Can someone give procedures because no instructions come with it? I can't imagine this being overly dangerous and complicated for someone who doesn't mind doing their own wrenching. I have a viton o-ring and crystal or crysto or whatever lube kit if any lube is needed.

Also, is this detailed in the service manuals? I have 2 of these regs and eventually want to learn to do my own service on them anyway. Only 1 is from an LDS. The other is new but not from an authorized dealer. I got it cheap and will use it when I start tech training. I want to switch this one to din. I noticed they had something different on the sticker. A "T" I think it was which stands for trilimanite I believe (poppet)??? What is this change for and does it change the annual service parts needs?

The "T" is for the new Tri-material Poppet we are using. It changes nothing on the annual service parts for any MR reg. The new Poppet is interchangable into any MR Reg. For the V series regs, a small upgrade kit converts it to accomodate the new Tri-Material Poppet. We switched to this new poppet because we found after extensive testing it proved to be better performance and the durability was vastly superior to all we tested against.

Phil

I need to remove the large nut holding down the yoke clamp right (for din coversion)? Where can I get a tool for this? A normal wrench won't work because there isn't enough room between the nut and the yoke assembly. I might as well get a good stainless steel tool kit for working on scuba equipment if it isn't too much so if you have any recommendations please let me know.
I also see a snap ring. Will that need to come off?
Oh...anyone know what size that nut is?
I won't touch this thing until I am sure I know what I am doing.

Ok I figured out my problem. The nut is bigger than the side of the yoke clamp so the wrench goes aroudn the whole thing...duh...

Back
Top Bottom