Problems with MAC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a mac, and when I log onto SB with that unit, I am having all sorts of wierd things going wrong. Such as, Can only view the first page of a thread, no matter how I size the view, I can't get to the buttons to go to next pages.
When I log in, I get the message thanking me for logging in, then when I attempt to go to any page from there, it tells me I am not logged in.
Everything worked fine until this new version came out.. I have not changed any setting on my computer since either.
When I go to a page, it loads a blank page, then I refresh, and it comes up
I also cannot click on a name, and send a MSG or any of the other options.
When I go use the terminal at work, it works just fine.

I am a MAC user as well and have noticed a few "issues" The most annoying to me is that nothing happens when I click on a members name. Same thing with The Deco Stop. Progress :)

Do this:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=465428&postcount=9

I believe your cookie folder is inside your system folder

If things are still not working then:

Do this:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=466359&postcount=13

<Ignore the Windows software tips>

If your issue is still not fixed then please:

1. Try IE rather than Safari and see if that is better

2. Post your Operating System Name and version Number along with the name of your browser and the version number and I will be happy to poke around and see what else we can try to help you.

<fingers crossed> :)

I am on Mac running Panther 10.3.2 using Safari 1.1.1 and have no problems whatsoever.....

I use a Macintosh "iMac" with Mac System 10.1.5 installed. I use AOL's browser to get on the internet. I haven't had any problems with this board at all.

diverrick:
I have a mac, and when I log onto SB with that unit, I am having all sorts of wierd things going wrong. Such as, Can only view the first page of a thread, no matter how I size the view, I can't get to the buttons to go to next pages.
When I log in, I get the message thanking me for logging in, then when I attempt to go to any page from there, it tells me I am not logged in.
Everything worked fine until this new version came out.. I have not changed any setting on my computer since either.
When I go to a page, it loads a blank page, then I refresh, and it comes up
I also cannot click on a name, and send a MSG or any of the other options.
When I go use the terminal at work, it works just fine.

OK I am now using IE and it seems to work fine. I usually use AOL. 5.0 and MAC os 9.1 Can't even log in using aol. it says "thank you for logging in" , the goes to the next page that says I am not logged in.

It is now 4 days later, and I still can't get the AOL 5.0 to let me log in. well it lets me log in, but then say I am not logged in when I attempt to do anything but view. Like I mentioned in a earlier post, IE works just fine, but it is a pain to keep switching browsers to go to this one site. It was working fine until the switch took place, so I think the problem must be on your end, plus I have not changed any settings since before the change over to the new look.

AOL is known for having severe issues with cookies which are used to store your username and password. I will check with the software vendor regarding this issue but I have a feeling it's going to be a problem out of our control...

Well, I would say upgrade to AOL 9.0 optimized!!! Thats what I am using, and its working just fine for me!!!

Thanks for all the info, but AOl 9.0 optimized is not yet available for mmacs, per the sys req's on the web site. If it is a problem with cookies, why would the deco stop work? looks like it is running on the same program.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom