Problems with chat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

We have been getting several reports of users have trouble using Chat.

I started this thread to get input from other users and to facilitate users helping each other with finding solutions.

If you are having troubles with Chat then please post your problem on this thread. Thank you.

The chat is a third party piece of software, and there is nothing that can be done to modify it or fix it.

If you're having issues with Chat, make sure your Java is up to date. It uses Java.

And if your Java is already up to date?

There are often times when I copy something and go to paste it in chat, it pastes what I copied the time before, not what I last copied. Only solution seems to be rejoining the chat.

On a few occasions, I have had the chat just freeze, forcing you to refresh.

I just experienced some issues with the server not connecting via TapaTalk. The timeline didn't work for a out a week. Seemed to have fixed itself. I was still able to use the message function though as well as other forums on the same app.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

And if your Java is already up to date?

There are often times when I copy something and go to paste it in chat, it pastes what I copied the time before, not what I last copied. Only solution seems to be rejoining the chat.

On a few occasions, I have had the chat just freeze, forcing you to refresh.

Then you have to deal with the quirks, which include ability to copy and paste into a java app. I have absolutely zero access to the source code for the chat, and can't fix anything that is broken.

I just experienced some issues with the server not connecting via TapaTalk. The timeline didn't work for a out a week. Seemed to have fixed itself. I was still able to use the message function though as well as other forums on the same app.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Tapatalk is also a third party application (Tapatalk) and not part of ScubaBoard itself, and therefore can't be supported in this forum. If you have issues with Tapatalk, I suggest you contact https://tapatalk.com/support.php

Chat doesn't work for me. I clicked to allow the addon to install (firefox browser)... but off & on it shows I have chat (#s appear on chat tab) but if I click on it, it takes a while & then says:
Invalid user name or password

Back
Top Bottom