Problems replying to post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garrobo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone having a problem with posting a reply?

Anyone having problem replying to or posting?

During the transition to the new version, I had a number of problems, but things are better for me now.

ScubaBoard has a specific forum for reporting problems. It is called Site Support. If you go there, you may find answers to your problems already. I have asked that your thread be moved there.

Anyone having a problem with posting a reply?

Can you be more specific? If you are unable to post a reply, please respond with a new thread in this forum (Site Support), containing, your OS, Browser, Browser Version, and any other pertinent information so that you may be assisted.

However... Looking at your history, you posted a reply only 15 minutes before you posted this thread?

However... Looking at your history, you posted a reply only 15 minutes before you posted this thread?
When I was having problems replying, I would eventually get the reply done, but it would take a lot of effort sometimes. For example, I sometimes found I could not Reply with Quote--the only way I could get a quote was to use the multi-quote function. I also found that if I sent in the reply, it jsut wouldn't work. Nothing would happen. Then I did a series of things like leaving the thread, returning, using the auto-save function to recover my post, and trying again. It usually worked the second time. I could always get the reply done with enough effort.

As I said, though, I don't have any problems now.

The transition to the New Version was over 7 months ago... There shouldn't be any issues right now, unless users have browser specific issues. Which seem to be the only real problems as of late.

About ninety percent of the time when I try to reply to a post or to post a new message a pop-up comes up that says: "Scubaboard not responding" and locks up. It only happens with this website and no others.

Seeing your posts in the other thread... I'm marking this solved. :)

Solved? NOT SO. Those posts are the other 10% of the time as this one might be. I thought I had it licked but the problem is still there. I posted an answer to a question in BASIC a while ago after typing it out three times and trying. Finally got through. It's absolutely a Scubaboard problem MR. Solver.

Back
Top Bottom