Problems Equalizing during OW Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What does the dr do for you? Meds, techniques, surgery? I realize each dr and patient are different, just wondering what the solutions I could expect.

Here you go:

It's a long video but well worth it.

If you don't have the patience for the long lead-in, check around 19 minutes. :cool:

Doc's Diving Medicine Home Page

This vid helped me a ton. But one thing to understand is your body is not used to dealing with large pressure differentials in your ears so after watching this I practiced on land for about 2 weeks during Christmas back in Alberta where I grew up ever hour or two I would equalize my ears(sometime more but the average was about that). Now honestly I think I could keep up with a rock going down the bottom without having issues equalizing. I've also told others I know who are new to diving to practice even for a week and i would say 80%+ of them have solved their issue.

What does the dr do for you? Meds, techniques, surgery? I realize each dr and patient are different, just wondering what the solutions I could expect.

For me it was meds and also enlightened me to the fact that my ear canal was smaller in one ear than the other and that was probably causing issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom