problem with wide-agle lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmm, i'm not alone with this problem. . . . . .
Is it really a manufaturing-problem?
If it is so, I hope Sealife is solving the problem (with a new lens) and recall the bad ones.

I suspect that lens is made to work with more than one model of camera. On some it works perfectly as you would expect, and on others it will have vignetting unless you zoom in a notch or two. Very common with wide angle lenses.

It's not a problem with the lens or with the camera, just a minor issue with the way the two work together in this specific pairing. So I don't expect Sealife will change anything unless they decide to make a new lens just specifically for that model camera.

How comes?
I bought the camera and lens together.
The lens should match with the DC1000.
This is specified by Sealife, are am I wrong?

How comes?
I bought the camera and lens together.
The lens should match with the DC1000.
This is specified by Sealife, are am I wrong?

They work fine. You just have to bump the zoom a little. This is common.

I believe that this problem occurs with most WA lens/housing combinations. I purchases a non sea life camera, an IKE housing and an IKE WA lens and experience vingenetting if I zoom all the way out. So this is definitely not an issue with Sea Life although their documentation SHOULD warn you of this. IKE did that so I knew ahead of time after doing my homework.

I believe that this problem occurs with most WA lens/housing combinations. I purchases a non sea life camera, an IKE housing and an IKE WA lens and experience vingenetting if I zoom all the way out. So this is definitely not an issue with Sea Life although their documentation SHOULD warn you of this. IKE did that so I knew ahead of time after doing my homework.
Correct. It doesn't matter what camera and lens you use. If you have an extension on the lens there will be a vignette in the picture at some place. The natural lens extends to the edge of the camera... add a tube and you have added a barrier that the camera will pickup

The Dc1000 is compatible with the Wide Angle lens and there should be no vignetting. The DC800on the other hand does not work well with the Wide angle so we do not recommend as it gives severe vignetting.

Danny can you send me the original picture that you have posted to my email joeifi@pioneer-research.com so I can check the data? Do not change anything on the image otherwise I cannot open.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom