Problem with Booties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teebee:
Looking for suggestions...
I have very small feet (size 4 - 5 shoe) and can't find booties that fit me.
Any suggestions?? This seems to be the only piece of gear I'm having problems with!

Hi teebee. I know the feeling! The brand name that came to the rescue for me was O'neil. ("I love my booties") :07:
(I got them at S.Bch divers in Miami.)

They have good thick, ribbed rubber soles that snug your foot from heel to toe. This ribbed rubber effectively grips the strapps around the ankle making it a snugg fit. I've used them with my Volo fins for two years now, and I haven't lost one yet. And also used them with jet fins which have a bit of a heavier kick, and my booties still grabb on strong. Don't know if you still have time to check them out but I highly recommend them. :dazzler1:

gee, i dunno if its just me........cos i was trying on a pair of high cut oceanic booties size 4....the feet fits nicely but i can't zip itall the way up!! does anyone have the same problem??

I've had the same problem with some booties. Putting the leg of your wetsuit over the boot can help create a seal. But, finding boots that zip all the way up will prevent a lot of water running through them and thus keep your feet warmer.

Paula

Raksha:
gee, i dunno if its just me........cos i was trying on a pair of high cut oceanic booties size 4....the feet fits nicely but i can't zip itall the way up!! does anyone have the same problem??

Nope, not just you ~ same exact thing I've gone through. Because of my time constraints I went ahead and bought locally a pair of DeepSee ladies size 5 booties that I couldn't really zip up all the way... They worked okay and for the cost, I will probably keep them (is ankle liposuction available???). But, I'm ordering the Seasoft & O'Neills as well and will try them for comparison. Not being able to zip them up completely didn't bother me as much as I thought it would - but I was diving in Pueorto Morales & Cozumel and the water temp was very comfortable.

I also discovered another contributing factor to losing my fin, or at the least, the uncomfortable sensation that they were in danger of falling off: my heel is not very prominent ~ or that the indentation on the back of my ankle is not very "indented" and the fin strap tends to move farther down on my heel than it should to feel comfortable and secure (no matter how tight the straps). I've had the same problem with a couple of sandals I wear with ankle straps ~ straps always slip of the back of my heel then the shoes are like flip flops and hard to keep on. I tried a different pair of fins (Aqualung Blades II) and they seemed a little more comfortable in that regard, but still not quite right. Oh well.

All that said, I had a really great time diving and the booties were somewhat of an irritation, but not a huge issue.

Just a suggestion...the Akona or the Dacor brand both have size 5's. The Dacor brand is a little smaller and just might suit your particular need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom