Problem Viewing Images

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcgowman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When reading posts with images, if I click on the smaller thumbnail, the larger image doesn't load. I get the pop-up with a black preview window containing a spinning/rotating orb that I guess means the image is loading, but it doesn't show up.

If there are multiple images in the post, the pop-up lists the sequence of images (i.e. '1 of N') with 'Next' and 'Prev' buttons. If I go in sequence, the larger images don't appear until I go 'around the horn' and sequence back to the first image. Each image will load if I sequence to the 'Next' image and then go to the previous one using 'Prev' (i.e. Image #1 will appear if I go from #1, to #2, then back to #1).

Anybody know how to fix this? Am using IE 11 and guessing it's some browser option set incorrectly. Thanks in advance.

Internet Explorer really sucks, so slow and pathetic compared to Google Chrome. That might be part of your problem, but your computer, operating system, and service speed are all possible contributors. I spent last week just trying to read news on various hotel wifi systems, usually so slow I could not run a test on Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

When reading posts with images, if I click on the smaller thumbnail, the larger image doesn't load. I get the pop-up with a black preview window containing a spinning/rotating orb that I guess means the image is loading, but it doesn't show up.

If there are multiple images in the post, the pop-up lists the sequence of images (i.e. '1 of N') with 'Next' and 'Prev' buttons. If I go in sequence, the larger images don't appear until I go 'around the horn' and sequence back to the first image. Each image will load if I sequence to the 'Next' image and then go to the previous one using 'Prev' (i.e. Image #1 will appear if I go from #1, to #2, then back to #1).

Anybody know how to fix this? Am using IE 11 and guessing it's some browser option set incorrectly. Thanks in advance.

How about posting a link to a specific thread for an example.

Thanks.

Thanks Howard.

For example, when I look at post #6813 on the BHB Trolls thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-diving/386645-blue-heron-bridge-trolls-682.html

There are 6 images. The first time I try to view one, it shows the following:
Capture.JPG

The image never loads until I cycle through all the images or go Next/Prev.

Hi Howard,

Was just checking back. Were you able to locate any cause?

Thanks

Have you tried this with another browser?

I tried on three different computers running Windows 7 Professional, Home Edition and Ultimate. Didn't work with IE11 on any of them.

It worked with Firefox on the Win 7 Home machine and it worked.

As stated in several places... I don't address browser specific issues. I recommend using a compatible browser.

You should also ensure you have JavaScript enabled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom