Pro Plus 3 Use Without Qd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffryg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have just purchased a Pro Plus 3 for a trip to Bonaire in July. I would like to test this and have access to a 13' deep pool but cannot bring a tank into the pool. I would like to test this to make sure it's functioning properly before my trip. Does anyone know if I can use this without having the quick disconnect cable hooked up? I have been told that it should not be a problem as per the design of the attachment mechanism. Thanks

No problem. Of course, the computer will think you have no gas so the display will be wierd.

No problem. Of course, the computer will think you have no gas so the display will be wierd.
Tursiops, Thanks for the reply! Good point regarding the display. You probably saved me from going nuts thinking it was malfunctioning.

You'll really like that computer.

Dnaber, thanks, I'm looking forward to using it in Bonaire. I was an instructor back in the 80s and 90s and then stopped diving due to life's issues and raising two daughters. The family went to Grand Cayman last year and I dove as often as I could. Now I'm hooked all over again!

Hey Jeff, one other thing you may want to get to protect your PP3. I beer bottle cozy work. It will keep it safe while traveling.

Hey Jeff, one other thing you may want to get to protect your PP3. I beer bottle cozy work. It will keep it safe while traveling.
Dan, Mmm let's see, drink warm beer or risk getting bent;tough choice. Seriously, that's a great idea and I've got a few of them laying around. It's tips like this that make this community so valuable. Thanks!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom