Pro Plus 2 +water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgreeno

New
Reaction score
My wife and I bought 2 PP2's w/ quick disconnects about 3 weeks ago. We finally got to dive them about a week later. We had 2 dives on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Saturday's dives were fine (from what I remember) but on Sunday, the display of my PP2 was looking weird. Parts of characters were lit making 3's look like 8's and lighting the nitrogen bar to way beyond what I was actually loading.. I could see on the screen that the correct info was there, it was just obscured/garbled by this other stuff. We cut our last dive short and I set the computer aside, after a bit, it appeared to have some condensation on the inside of the screen. Now, after it's set aside for a week, it appears fine, I even downloaded the dives from it and all info appears to be accurate. Is there something I can do to check this thing?
Should I just send it to oceanic or back the dealer (which is cross country from me)? - By the time it gets there it will appear normal.

Thanks in advance.

Justin

If you have a digital camera take a picture of the display when it is fouled up, or e-mail it to Oceanic. Send it back with the unit for service. You don't want to mess with this. Let the service techs handle it is my opinion.

Best of luck,

Rick

Good idea, I hadn't thought of the camera. Unfortunately, it's fine now so I'd have to dive it again or take along on a dive to try to get it back to where it was, but good suggestion about the camera..

Thanks,

I wouldn't wait to see if it does it again. As long as the unit was purchased new from an Oceanic authorized retailer. It is under a two year warranty. You should either contact the local dive store or internet retailer where you purchased the unit or call Oceanic's customer Service department. Ron, Marc or David can help you out. You will need to include a copy of the sales receipt for verification. 800-435-3483.

Send it back immediately - And hope for the best.
I have been "less than thrilled" with Oceanic's service and responses.

hope your experience is better

Send it back immediately - And hope for the best.
I have been "less than thrilled" with Oceanic's service and responses.

hope your experience is better

"less than thrilled"??? I'm shocked.
We have been in contact with the OP - and, as usual, will take care of the situation as if we were in his shoes.

I have ordered parts from Oceanic 2 times. They acknowledged the order and took a credit card. Neither time were the parts shipped!
I called Oceanic. They were apologetic & nice. So nice they said they would sent me a part free 1st class mail. Again never received the part!
Each time after these incidents I got a "DUH??????????????" from Oceanic

When we purchased software & download cable from Oceanic it was defective. They finally straightened that out. But the software had a problem. They had to correct that problem seperately which took quite some time.

YES _ I am less than thrilled with Oceanic.

PS - I am STILL waiting for a response to my e-mail since Oceanic to this date STILL has not sent the part (lens protectors for Pro Plus) and apparently has no plans to service their customers.

Back
Top Bottom