Pro Plus 2 stripped screw for battery hatch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

E-diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Well, I think I just hosed myself. I was attempting to remove the battery hatch on my PP2 in an effort to download the log info. Didn't realize how soft the heads on those freaking bolts are and stripped the head on one of the bolts out. The really bad news is that it's still in the computer so I cant remove the hatch. I know Oceanic sells replacement screws and o-rings so replacing it shouldn't be too much of an issue, once I can remove it. Any suggestions for how to best accomplish this safely?

Is it one of the four tiny phillips heads screws ln the battery hatch? If so, maybe something like this would work: Moody Screw Extractor & Screw- driver, Mini, Aluminum, 6 Pc

You could also try a different screwdriver, maybe slotted screwdriver could work now. Sometimes placing a wide rubber band between the stripped head and screwdriver will give enough traction to loosen the screw.

Back
Top Bottom