Pro Plus 2 Not reading pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackConnick

Jack Connick
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Pro Plus 2 that is acting strangely and not reading the tank pressure at all.

It was working fine, I had a leaking HP hose which I replaced, and now it won't read the pressure. We've made sure the hose is ok, put in a new spindle and cleaned the opening into the gauge. Battery looks ok and the computer starts and goes through normal startup, just reads 000 for air.

I've had it for about 2.5 years. This is the 3rd one that I've had a failure with, if it has indeed failed.

Please let me know what I need to do, if there's any tricks or if it has to be returned, where do I need to send it.

Jack

Some things you might try,

Disconnect the PP2 and see if air flows thrue the hose.
Check spindle for air flow.
and make sure the old O-ring's are removed for the PP2 and from the hose.

Hope it helps.

all done.

Jack

When the Pro Plus 2 is disconnected there will be now gas flow from the HP hose. It has a check in it.

When the Pro Plus 2 is disconnected there will be now gas flow from the HP hose. It has a check in it.

That only goes for the Quickrelease version.Since he changed the spindle,he must have the fixed hose version.(no spindle in the QD.) :wink:

I still have that feeling,one of the tiny o_rings is stuck somewhere.

The QD still has a swivel as well

The QD still has a swivel as well

:confused:

Unless you mean the rotating part of the hose(witch you can't take apart without an expensive tool) there's no swivel as in the fixed hose.

The QD is similar to design as a typical swivel pin. While the QD on the hose side does not turn on the hose, the QD turns on the pin in the QD.
Most problems with PP2's not reading pressure are because of the check in the QD. I have not seen one that actually had the pressure sensor failed.

I have not seen one that actually had the pressure sensor failed.

Neither have I,unless you take mine into considderation.

When I fill my tanks over 240 bar,the censor will real 344bar,untill I take a coulpe of breaths, then it will return to the actual pressure.:D

The Pro Plus 2 is a 5000 PSI or 350 bar pressure sensor, it should easily handle even "cave fills"

Back
Top Bottom