Pro Plus 2 Failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris12day

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I purchased my equipment in December of 2006 and was certified in January 2007. I have completed 19 dives since certification. I have dove Hawaii, Brazil, and Cali. My last dive was September 15, 2007 in Monterey, Cali. All went well.

On September 22, 2007 I was set to dive in Jupiter, Florida and lay my father's ashes on the bottom of the ocean. His wishes were to swim with the fishes! After setting up my equipment and attaching my regulator. My computer failed to operate. The system went through the normal count down, then it flashed "CAL" four time followed by "ALT" four times. The system never reset itself. I attempted to place the computer into the water to see if that would work, but no.

I was lucky that the dive master had an old dial regulator on board. I stayed within my brothers and dive masters computers and had a successful dive, but no computer.

Any clues to what is happening to my computer? Do I need to send it in for service or did I do something stupid when I last downloaded my dives?

Thinking that maybe I need equipment that contains both a computer and analog gauges incase I had a failure while diving.

Thanks!

Nope, you didn't do anything wrong. "CAL" is an error code.

You have to send it to Oceanic.

I'm sorry about your Dad, and that was very cool of you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom