Pro photojournalist new to the list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marvintpa:
Clay will be a great addition to this board.
His book on North American dive sites is due to be released soon, I believe.

Man, that's the sort of welcome I can really use! The book is titled "The Certified Diver's Handbook", and it's due out mid-June or so. It does have an itinerary of intriguing (to me, anyway) sites in the continental U.S., but most of the book is dedicated to helping newly certified divers get the most out of scuba. Thanks for bringing it up.

Welcome to the Board, Clay. your photos are most excellent.

louisianadiver:
...The last reason is archival. I'm not sure that the images currently being made digitally won't be obsolete in a few years. Slides are easy to organize and store, last more than a lifetime, and can be re-scanned as technology develops. Plus, if a slide gets scratched, I can fix it; if an image file is corrupted, the image is lost forever.

This is the only aspect of digital photography that concerns me. If i was a pro, I'd be giving it serious consideration, too.

Welcome Clay! Those are beautiful images, sorry, but I can't pick a favorite!

louisianadiver:
Hello all. I'm an often-published photojournalist new to this list. I'm a holdout film user for a variety of reasons. You can see examples of my stuff at http://claycoleman.tripod.com I'd be glad to share what I know, including my experiences with magazines and book publishers.

Hi Clay,
As a new diver getting into underwater photography and also playing guitar it was a treat to check out your website. Nice photos and guitars!

wow... i am awed...

you dive, take pics, and play guitar.... is it hard to dry the guitar afterwards?

:eyebrow:

This is quite a forum; I had no idea that my post would generate so many responses. Thanks for all the kind words.

Re: blenny photos: The oil rigs off the coast of Louisiana are covered with seaweed and tesselated blennies. If you can get out to a rig and get beneath the surface surge, you'll be able to get blenny pics. They are entertaining and I like those punk rock haircuts. Concentrating on local photo ops is always a good idea.

Re: guitar posts: From the day I first posted my site, I got messages from other underwater photographers who also play music. Symptoms of the same disease? -Clay

Absolutely beautiful pictures.

I live near Gulf Shores, AL so your oil rigs are only about 3 hours road trip and a boat ride away from me :) I'll have to check them out some time!

Pictures are absolutly great... Welcome aboard. I wish I could take any pictures...
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom