Pro Ear Mask ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,
I have an ear equalizing problem particularly on the first dive- 2nd or 3rd usually okay.
I check http://www.seavenger.com/servlet/the-53/<b>Pro-Ear-Mask--dsh-/Detail Pro Ear Mask by Seavenger offers unique design; that claim will allows divers to keep their ears dry, simplifying equalization and preventing painful ear problems.
Any body has experience using this mask ?
Seem no other manufacturer produce the similar feature - Is it patented design or useless ?
many thanks for feedbacks

Regards

I have seen them advertized before but have never seen them in use. The only problem might be when using a hood but what do I know I am just a diver.

ScubaToys.com carrys these masks. Give them a call and ask for Larry. He is a scubaboard member and will be able to answer any and all questions you might have.

I have found that Larry is very truthful and fair. If the mask won't work for you or it's just a gimmick he'll tell you. If fact, he has actually talked me out of more expensive equipment :D

It also looks to me that the equilazation tubes leading back and forth to the mask will be a cause for a major leak, I'm pretty sure this mask is not DIR by any means.

Also, what happens when you get hair under the seal of your mask? It leaks. I think that the ear seals would not stay dry, beings that there is hair by the tops of your ear. Unless your ready to "mach 3" the doo........

I've got one and there are some pros and cons. The biggest gripe that I have is that you can't use neoprene straps with it, and if you don't get the earcups just right, they will leak. The biggest pro is that it makes equalization EASIER, but you still have to equalize. I really like mine.

I like mine also...the only problem I have with it is working with classes above water I have to remove one of the cups to hear the students. I've started using a regular mask on those situations and the proear when I'm fun diving. I don't have the old problem of hearing the water sloshing in my ears for a week or so after diving when using the proear.

Wisnu Have you looked at the Doc's Pro Plugs ? I started using them this summer and they really helped me to be able to equalize easier and they didn't let as much water into my ear and give me that sloshy ear feeling for a week. I can honestly say that they worked for me. http://www.proplugs.com/

Back
Top Bottom