Pro Ear mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dutchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone using this mask. I have some equalization problems. Based on what the manufacturer had to say, it can make equalizing easier.

For many divers, from beginners to the most experienced professionals, ear problems affect their ability to enjoy their sport more than any other health issue. More dives are aborted and more diving holidays shortened due to ear problems than any other cause.
Water and pressure affect every diver's ears. Infection and discomfort to the ear are the most common health risks involved in diving, often causing permanent damage. Many divers find they must interrupt expensive, long awaited diving holidays as a result of ear problems. The financial loss and unfulfilled expectations are enormous.

The Pro Ear 2000 is the world's only practical ear protector for divers, designed and developed by diving physicians, engineers and instructors in order to enhance diver safety and comfort.

Pro Ear mask is only available in Black with clear silicone.

I personally haven't used one but I know of someone that has. It does help him with his ears. I have noticed with myself that the more diving I do the easier it is to clear. My first year was not a pain but I did have problems. This year, all is well.

I have the mask but have only used it on three dives. It does help with equalization. However, I am a new diver so I am not sure if it is the mask or if I have just gotten better at equalizing. One big problem I have had with it is fogging. It seems to fog very quickly and on my last dive I had to flood it at least six times. I have used several anti fog products but non of them seem to help. I am going to try toothpaste next time and see if that helps. I would be very interested in hearing from anyone else who uses this mask to find out if others have the fog problem.

If you are a warm water diver you can use a snorkel with this mask but not if you are a cold water diver and use a hood. This mask requires a special hood to accommodate the ear covers. It is a two part hood which results in the hood covering the mask straps so there is no way to attach a snorkel.

Back
Top Bottom