Pro Dive @ Catalonia Riviera Maya in Pto. Aventuras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am going to be staying at the CRM 11/15-11/21. Because my 12yr old duaghter is doing her JBOW at the dive shop at the CRM, I might as well do my 10 or so ocean dives there to keep an eye on her. I have several questions. First, is it still Pro Dive? Second, are they good. Next, do they dive on a schedule eg up in 45-55 minutes? My air management usually means I do not come up until just about my no decompression limit "10 minute timer begins to start ticking" or I am hungry/thristy. 45-55 minutes is WAY to short of a bottom time for me (assuming multi-level diving ~100/~80/~60/~45). Input requested from you guys. Thanks, Benjamin :mooner:

Hey there! I have some experience working for them (Pro Dive) in the past. It's a German run company that's a sound outfit. They do run a tight schedule so do expect to get your dives cut short if you like going the distance, so to speak. Two beautiful reefs right near Catalonia are Cuevace and Paraisio reefs. Pretty much shallow dives, but packed with goodies and scenery. When I worked there, Alex, a German guy, was the manager. If you see him, tell I said HI! Its pretty good diving around there, so enjoy!

did u go? I am thinking of going to this place with 2 kids and a non diver wife? how was the diving? any night dives? thanks

i have not stayed there but the catalonia looks very nice. we own a place in PA so we are in town quite a bit. Those who own in PA usually go with Dennis' Aquanauts. It's a great outfit and your dives will be much longer than at Pro Dive. Pro Dive does have a reputation for short dives because of the tight schedule that Jason mentions. Aquanauts is in the center of town and the Catalonia is not. if you do not have transportation you are looking at a 10 minute walk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom