Private transport to Puerto Galera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

logic8482

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Was wondering if any of the regular divers who travel to Puerto Galera on the weekends from Manila without cars have any reliable private transport options you can refer? I'm trying to get there with 2 people for less than $200USD if possible! We can't take the 8am bus because of our schedule.

Thanks.,

Ryan

What is wrong with the public transfer?
As long as you take any bus leaving Manila before 12pm.
There is one ferry from Batangas pier to Sabang at 14:45. May have later schedule.
Bus fare(Ceres Bus from Buen Dia) is P166.50, ferry is P240, environmental fee is P50 and finally the terminal fee is P30. Grand total of P481.00(US$12.00).

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Nothing's wrong with public transport! :) We land at 3am and need to be in PG by 8am, so our options seem to be limited.

Have you asked at the resort you are staying at ? I'm going to the Tropicana Hotel next year (6 adults in total) & they have quoted us 3000php for a private van & 3000php for a private boat

Yea, I've received similar quotes, all around 6000PHP. Was just hoping someone out there might have a private driver they use or other option to reduce the expense as its only 2 of us and only for a couple day trip.

Might be wrong, but dont think you'll be able to make much of a saving unless you can find someone to share the transport with. It's quite a long journey with lots of tolls (which will also have to be paid for the drivers return trip I'd guess) plus all the fuel costs.
We're lucky as there are 6 of us to share the cost, so for us it doesn't work out much dearer than the public transport.

You may have better luck if you post the dates you are going and share transport with other people. Private is usually a flat rate so you can split the cost

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom