Suggestion Private Threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jason,

You can create a Social Group and make it invite only, and then it's private.

I was wondering if there was way that we can have the option to have a private thread for purposes of trip planning etc that only friends that are invited can view and post to.

Hi Jason,

I've wondered about jhayes suggestion also. I think it would be really good for trip planning.

For example. "create private thread" in a trips section. "add users".

I understand the Social groups. but it doesn't have any notification if someone has posted in that particular social group.

is there any "notification" we can get, whether it's a pop up, shows up in "new posts" or whatever? having to go manually check it just doesn't make people go there. kinda defeats the purpose.

thanks for your support Howard...

mike

Hi Jason,

Perhaps you could create the social groups to have an expiration date, after which the thread goes "poof". That would keep you from filling up your servers with stuff.

For example. "create private thread" in a trips section. "add users".

I understand the Social groups. but it doesn't have any notification if someone has posted in that particular social group.

is there any "notification" we can get, whether it's a pop up, shows up in "new posts" or whatever? having to go manually check it just doesn't make people go there. kinda defeats the purpose.

thanks for your support Howard...

mike

Mike, At this time, there is no type of notification for that, nor is there an option for private threads on VBulletin. However (not that this is a cop out) - vBulletin 4 is on the horizon, and there's a lot of new functions and features. The preview of available features I saw is super cool, but it's still a couple of months off from release. They are boasting several new functions for Social Groups, and Social Networking.

In the meantime. You CAN subscribe to your favorite social groups by viewing the main page of the group, and clicking on "GROUP TOOLS" then "SUBSCRIBE" Updates will appear in your USERCP :)

Perhaps you could create the social groups to have an expiration date, after which the thread goes "poof". That would keep you from filling up your servers with stuff.

At this time, we're not really worried about drive space. :)

ok... I read that it would show in User CP... but I never saw them. didn't know you had to subscribe to the group. will try that! thanks! :thumb:

It's not perfect, but until you get the new one and get any other bugs worked out, it'll do. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom