Printable log sheets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sonofzell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings,

Just hoping to contribute a little something if I can - I hate to be the guy constantly "mooching" info and advice without giving anything back to the community...

I created this log sheet based on components I admired from various templates and originals I've used. It's pretty basic and a bit primitive, but I must say I'm happy with the layout and find it pretty balanced in terms of info vs. quick & simple entry. I print these in color on standard glossy photo paper and they hold up well against minor splashes and moisture.

I included guides for the hole punches, so I've never had to bother with any specialty punches - just a standard hole-punch at the left center of each guide works fine for my log binder, and folding on the off-center dotted line allows the sheet to fold so that it neither interferes with the binder rings nor extends past the binder cover.

The mock computer face is great for quickly entering the DC info right after surfacing (especially since the Nemo 2 "times out" frustratingly fast without any input); obviously, that would need to be modified for use with other models.

It's certainly nothing fancy, but wanted to share in case it would be useful to anyone else. All icons and fonts are public-domain, so feel free to share/modify as you like. If you have any suggested edits, I'd be happy to make minor changes or share the PSD source file.

Cheers!

Kirk

Attachments

• _KW Logbook2.pdf
    431.8 KB · Views: 529
Thanks. I'll print it and look it over as a backup page. I currently use a book that I got a deal on a bulk purchase in anticipation of doing 5000 to ~ dives. :)

Cheers -

Greetings,

Just hoping to contribute a little something if I can - I hate to be the guy constantly "mooching" info and advice without giving anything back to the community...

I created this log sheet based on components I admired from various templates and originals I've used. It's pretty basic and a bit primitive, but I must say I'm happy with the layout and find it pretty balanced in terms of info vs. quick & simple entry. I print these in color on standard glossy photo paper and they hold up well against minor splashes and moisture.

Kirk

Holy smokes Kirk... that is sweet. I have a couple pdf logbook pages that I print for friends & family, but yours is definitely a cut above.

Kirk that looks fantastic! I haven’t used a logbook in a while but I really love the color and layout and flourishes here. My only grumble would be it’s not in metric :wink:

My wife has made her own pages too. Hers is about 60% ways of categorizing animals we see.

I particularly liked the mask section! Good on you!

Wow, that is beautiful, and very welled designed.
And that's coming from someone who has made his own dive logs for almost twenty years.

I especially like the section for recording equipment and weighting.
I change gear around a lot, so I'm often referring back to that kind of info to fine-tune my buoyancy.
Well done.

Full disclosure: I'm probably going to steal some of your ideas for my next re-design.

K

@sonofzell - nice work. I'm a new guy (haven't even finished up OW cert yet) but I really like the design and contribution.

Can I ask you for the PSD file so I can make my own mods down the line?

Thanks in advance.

Kirk that looks fantastic! I haven’t used a logbook in a while but I really love the color and layout and flourishes here. My only grumble would be it’s not in metric :wink:

@Mantra Thanks! Here's a version with metric units :):
_KW Logbook Metric.pdf

Full disclosure: I'm probably going to steal some of your ideas for my next re-design.
K

@kablooey it's not stealing if it's free lol! The only potential intellectual property is the Mares computer image, but I can't imagine they'd take offense to product placement!

@sonofzell -
Can I ask you for the PSD file so I can make my own mods down the line?
Thanks in advance.

@Craig McAllister (and anyone else who wants to tinker with their own tweaks): Here's a link to a folder containing the PDFs and source files for both metric and imperial versions:
ScubaBoard - Google Drive

Note that the file was created with Affinity Designer... the native .afdesign files are also in this link, and they typically export to PSD pretty accurately, but if you notice any visual differences in Adobe software it's likely from the conversion/export process.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone - happy to share!

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom