Princeton tec shockwave R or UK c8r

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr Small

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had dealings with either of these torches.I know they are both roughly as bright as each other but would like to know which is more user friendly.Easier to charge/take apart/get spares for ETC.Cheers.Mr Small.

I have the Princeton Tec Shockwave II, but not the rechargeable version. Great light, two power settings, no problems so far.

warren_l:
I have the Princeton Tec Shockwave II, but not the rechargeable version.

I do too. I don't use it much anymore because it's big and bulky (an opinion I have of all pistol grip lights like this). I now use a pelican super saber. The way I see it, if I need more light then this a Shockwave II probably won't be enough and I'll probably need to consider a canister light. On the other hand, the little pelican light is pretty bright and also small enough that it can be easily stored so I always have it whether I planned on bringing it or not.

ive recently purchased a UK C8
i didnt get the rechareable version because it was not worth it , the list price for the battery alone is $550 here in New Zealand
apart from that its a great torch, bright enough to do the job, my backup is a UK SL4 which ive never had trouble with.

Cam

We have a couple of the non-rechargable ones in the family and have been very satisfied with them. Work great on the night dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom