Princeton Tec Miniwave: Switch assembly falls off.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeadCactus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Every time I try to screw the head into the body of the light, the switch assembly just falls off of the head. Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions for a quick fix?

On that P/T product the two position switch is on the body of the light and is held in place by a screw from the inside. Additionally, an o-ring should be on the shaft of the switch to keep water out of the light. You might want to return the product from where you bought it, since something is not correct with it. By the way I just repaired a customer's P/T light due to a broken switch.

Good luck!
Pete

The problem is that, like an idiot, I threw out the receipt after the light initially worked. The problem isn't the switch on the shaft, but rather the loosely sliding switch on the circuitry. The one that actually makes electrical contact.

Just took one apart and that part is attached to the circuit board! Try contacting P/T directly on SB and see what they say.

Every time I try to screw the head into the body of the light, the switch assembly just falls off of the head. Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions for a quick fix?

Don't bother will all of the calling, don't worry about taking it back where you got it......just go to the princeton tec website, get their address, and send your light back to them. They don't ask for receipts and they don't care where you purchased or if you shoplifted it. They will simply replace the light.

Put a piece of paper inside explaining the problem, along with your name address and all of the shipping information. Now, it is not fast, but they will replace it.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Well, I found the receipt. Wonder if it would be faster to send it back to the store or PT...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom