Primary torch for wreck diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mig_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am doing my wreck speciality next week and I was looking at getting another torch to use on wrecks. What would you suggest? I already have a UK SL4 but was thinking of getting something a little brighter, like the C8. What do you guys think?

We offer a variety of dive lights and the TL50 and the SLX are the two that I would recommend:

nocturnal lights rechargeable dive light, led dive light, lantern style dive light, canister dive light, lights, for scuba diving, technical diving, night diving, cave diving, and more.

The SLX with the technical hand mount will give you the best bang for the buck.

Nocturnal Lights SLX LED dive light - shop, buy, or review

SLX-Tech-2.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions about it after reading the specs and the reviews.

What do you guys/ladies think of the Princeton Tec Miniwave LED as a primary light for daytime wreck diving in lake (Great Lakes - Lake Erie, Lake Huron) with viz that can range from good to fair depending on depth of wreck and sunlight?
I'm recently certified and just want to have a good, basic, not to big/heavy light in my gear bag in case I need to take one down on a dive. I was considering UK lights and have decided on the SL4 (non-LED) as my back up and to serve as primary light if night diving down south; it was a toss up between the UK Sunlight C8 and now PT Miniwave LED as my primary light for daytime lake diving.

umm will i had to have a 10w hid or brighter for my tec wreck class i got an 18w and i love that thing its great i would get a can light if you want to go inside out side use a nice light you like for a night time dive. pm if you hace any ?? for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom