Primary lite,is bigger better?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The SL6 is not nearly as much light as the Light Cannon, but a LOT of divers use them and are quite happy with them. I suspect you'll be fine.

CompuDude:
Interesting... DIY? Got pics?

:D DIY......

I don't have a picture at this moment. I will take a picture of it if you want...

No comparison between SL6 and Canon.

UK Canon is HID, not eLed or Halogen......

The ideal light depends not only upon where and what you will be using it for, but also WHAT LIGHT YOUR BUDDY HAS.

It's better to have roughly the same sort of brightness of light. It's harder to signal back and forth if one has a light that overpowers the other. A two to one ratio, like a 7.2W halogen light vs. a 13 watt halogen is fine, but you don't want to be diving with a 21W HID (as bright or brighter than a 50W halogen) with a buddy that just has a 7W halogen.

i think its a start,you know alot of the fun of this sport is getting new stuff and as you go along you can use all of it for different purposes.

I started with the UK SL6, now will be getting a Light Cannon...and I'm sure when I get that I'll want a canister light. I even annoy myself.. : )

I actually think I want to build a canister light; mostly because I like building things. I have build a lot of stuff over the years (mostly succesfully) and have a shop full of tools and equipment including electronics and fabrication. I realize you do not really save money in the end.

Bob in CO

Yes. The canister light is getting cheaper, specially 10W HID. If someone is DIYing a canister project for the economical reason, there won't be that much saving.

Back
Top Bottom