DIR- Generic Primary light with canister or handheld

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a bunch of generations of Scouts and the Lm 2w. The newest gen of Scouts are way better.

Same. Interesting these are all new as of the last 3 months purchased from EE and directly from light monkey. The 2 cell lights are basically the same and the 3 cell light monkey lights are ~220lux at 20ft vs 36lux for the scouts.

They’re all running on the c-cells that came with the lights I ordered a bunch of c cells off of Amazon and we’ll see if that changes things

I have the light monkey with 24ah battery. I like the bigger battery so I can do multiple days of diving and not have to worry about charging all the way. A couple of my buddies have the focus 1 and 2 and the focus has a narrower beam but is not as bright as the light monkey.

The focus 2 gets as small as a square underwater and is good for signaling but I still would pick the light monkey if I had to do it over again, and I can signal my buddies fine with it. The smaller focus batteries are good for 1 day of diving and in my experience the screw in battery can be a little finicky.

The focus battery is a lot smaller on your waist and lighter and easier to carry around which a lot of people like. I don’t mind the bigger canister.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom