Pride of Hawaii Cruise Feb. 26- Mar. 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrisloco

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
First time diving in Hawaii, Stopping in Maui (Kahului) Kona and Hilo on the BI, and Kaui. If I were to dive only in one place which should it be? It will only be the 7-8th dive for both the wife and I. Appreciate any help I can get! Also interested in shore dives on Oahu.

Kona, hands down. Aloha and welcome. Please join us in hawaii Ohana for more advice. It's under the groups section.

I agree ... dive off Kona ... nice diving. However, I would also enjoy another dive off Mauai if I could go to Molokini crater! That dive was awesome!!!

Can't tell you, but I'm jealous all the same. Someday maybe I'll get there!

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Not sure what your cruise schedule looks like, but if you could do the night manta dive at Kona, that would be awesome. Molokini crater is amazing, but the first dive we did there was to 130'. I agree that the diving is the best on the Big Island though.

Thanks for the input. Does anyone know who NCL contracts with for dive ops? I was wondering if it was a recommended dive operator. Also what are the reccomended dive spots off of Kona?

On dive site recommendations... Kona is nice in that it has lots of good dive sites, and beyond the night manta dive there really isn't any one or two dives that stand out as a top knotch dive site to the exclusivity of the next best 10-15 dive sites or so. I would not sweat worrying about what dive site to visit as all the operators here pretty much try to show you the best dive sites available on any given day - a lot of it will depend on whether or not there are ocean swells at the time (conditions can change day to day in the winter, so site selection can also change day to day) and which direction they are coming in from.

If this is dive number 7 for you, unless the first 6 were in Fiji or other equally nice South Pacific/Indian Ocean or Red Sea dive spots, you should be favorably impressed by everything you'll see here.

Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom