Price on Titan LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like a good price. I just looked at one at my LDS. Ended up buying the legend LX Supreme.
His price for the Titan LX supreme after the rebate was $310. Add $90 for the ABS octo if I wanted it.

rescuediver009:
Yes, I don't know exactly what the price difference is. But I would say that it is worth it for those who wish to prolong the life of their reg and don't always have the time or resources (on a boat where clean water is contaminated easily) to properly rinse the reg.

Just a word of friendly advice, I wouldn't count on that seal kit as a corrosion protection measure, that isn't what it is made for.

It is a diaphragm first stage so the more delicate inner workings are dry even if you don't get the kit. The dry seal kit is just to protect the exposed spring chamber outside the diaphragm from icing up in cold water. I suppose it would protect the spring from corrosion, but that is about it. And as far as corrosion goes, that spring is the least of your worries. What about your poor exposed second stage? If your reg doesn't get washed, you will still have corrosion problems with or without the seal kit.

The reason to get the kit is if you dive in very cold water.

Back
Top Bottom