Price of download cable VEO 250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wanted to see where this was going before throwing in my 2 cents. I agree that the cable may not be that expensive to manufacture, but the intangibles that went into the programming, research and development, quality control, and marketing probably all were factored in to the pricing. It is similar to the recording industry. A Blank CD may only cost 44 cents but when you go to the record store I don't think they will have a cd of your favorite musical group at that price.
I feel it would be a waste to include a cable in every downloadable computer. If a family of 4 divers living in the household all dove with downloadable computers There would be, in a sense 3 cables left unused and sitting in a drawer.

visibilityunlimited:
I wanted to see where this was going before throwing in my 2 cents. I agree that the cable may not be that expensive to manufacture, but the intangibles that went into the programming, research and development, quality control, and marketing probably all were factored in to the pricing. It is similar to the recording industry. A Blank CD may only cost 44 cents but when you go to the record store I don't think they will have a cd of your favorite musical group at that price.
I feel it would be a waste to include a cable in every downloadable computer. If a family of 4 divers living in the household all dove with downloadable computers There would be, in a sense 3 cables left unused and sitting in a drawer.

First of all one can argue that all the R&D time was spent developing the computer that you allready paid for.

As far as the 3 extra cables, how many pc items do you buy that include a usb cable? If you feel that it's a waste, then go ahead and send your extras back, but dont charge me $100 dollars for a $5 interface on the computer I just paid more than $400 for.

Scubapro did it right with the serial IR, but I hate the way they do business in general.

$46 trade.

Back
Top Bottom