Price for used twin 80s with manifold and band?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys-

A friend of mine offered to sell me twinned steel 80s with manifold and tank bands. The tanks are in great shape and have current hydro/vis. The manifold and bands are in great shape as well.

What do you think is a fair price for this? He originally offered the whole set for $250, but that seems too cheap to me. I want to make sure I give him a fair price. Any ideas?

Hey guys-

A friend of mine offered to sell me twinned steel 80s with manifold and tank bands. The tanks are in great shape and have current hydro/vis. The manifold and bands are in great shape as well.

What do you think is a fair price for this? He originally offered the whole set for $250, but that seems too cheap to me. I want to make sure I give him a fair price. Any ideas?

So without knowing all the details and just off the top of my head... (I would have jumped at the $250, that's a bargain)... that said... $150 to $200 per tank + $40 to $60 for the bands + $100 to $125 for the manifold is a general range I use...

That means the cheapest set of dual 80's used is around $440 maybe?!?... sometimes less... sometimes more...

So without knowing all the details and just off the top of my head... (I would have jumped at the $250, that's a bargain)...
\

Believe me, it was tempting, but I wouldn't want a close friend to have regrets about it later.

So without knowing all the details and just off the top of my head... (I would have jumped at the $250, that's a bargain)... that said... $150 to $200 per tank + $40 to $60 for the bands + $100 to $125 for the manifold is a general range I use...

That means the cheapest set of dual 80's used is around $440 maybe?!?... sometimes less... sometimes more...

Sounds about right - I'd be stoked to find a good in-hydro/viz set of 80s for $400.

I recently paid $380 for the same described setup FWIW.

well ... you could get a new set of steel 85's set up for about $600 or so ... so, a used price would depend on condition ... i would say 50% of new price would be a good starting point

so ... under $300 it'd be a steal

from $300 to $350 would be a good deal

from $350 to $400 would be not such a good deal, but if it would save me the trouble of looking around, i'd pay it

above $400 it would probably be too much

well ... you could get a new set of steel 85's set up for about $600 or so ... so, a used price would depend on condition ... i would say 50% of new price would be a good starting point

How much are LP85 cylinders new? Seems like they'd be $600-650 alone.

Sounds about right - I'd be stoked to find a good in-hydro/viz set of 80s for $400.

I have a set of HP 80's for sale doubled with sea elite manifold and dive rite bands recently O2 cleaned and current vis and hydro for $400 but shipping would eat up any savings.

Butch

I recently paid $225 on a set of twin AL 80's in need of a hydro. I'll have about $275 into them after hydro testing. Steel 80's would be worth a bit more - maybe $350-$375 for the set.

New 3442 psi steel 80's are running $275 to $300 each. A set of bands is $100 to $125 new, and Manifold is around $150-$200, so $400 to 450 would be about half the new price.

Ran into the same situation 2 years ago. Got a set of lp95's never wet with the price tags still on. Guy told me he'd take 200 plus shipping. I gave him 300 plus shipping which from minnesota was 68 dollars. So for a new set of lp95, with bands and manifold I paid less than 400 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom