preventing mask from fogging?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For what it is worth, I've found what works for me is applying white toothpaste to both sides of a new mask lens and let it sit overnight. Then wash the mask in a mild detergent to get all the toothpaste off. Let the mask dry. Then I'll breath on the lens the fog from my breath should be even and fade quickly of the lenses are clean. They generally are not at this point so I'll use a solution of vinegar and water. Or even Windex with vinegar. Clean thoroughly. Try the breath test again. If the fog is uneven and/or doesn't fade quickly repeat the whole process as necessary.

by then has not the moisture evaporated from your body and the flesh fallen from your withered bones

If you're are a primitive diver like me, use spit. If you're a gentile diver J%J baby shampoo works great.

I found out about halfway through my diving career that the easiest solution to this problem is to grow a mustache, so your mask is constantly leaking. You will never have fogging problems again!

Otherwise, a mild solution of baby shampoo and water in the mask does wonders. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom