Pretty Quiet Around Here Lately...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dittrimd

Force Fin Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I hope everyone is doing well. I do not know if it was the board being down or just summer vacation but things have been pretty quiet. I have some gear updates so I figured I would post.

I just got fitted for my Viking Pro Dry suit. Size 4W with some mods to the sleeves and legs is how it looks now. I have not decided on the valves yet. I requested pricing for the HAZMAT valves both inlet and exhaust. We will see how much difference there is between the standard. If all goes well I should have the suit before the really cold water arrives.

Our department also orderd Halcyon BC's. 30 lb with SS backplate. Looks like I will be spending a lot of time working on bouyancy in the near future. It will be like starting all over again.

Being a gear guy this will be a fun thing rather than a job. I will be keeping my current setup online until I am confident the new setup is working and my comfort level is up. I am looking forward to dropping some weight from my rig moving from my neoprene suit to the viking and the BP should help distribute some of my remaining weight.

I also picked up a used pair of force fins size XXL off of eBay. My current force fins are the adjustable ones and they are just a bit too small for my current dry boots. The Viking boots are even bigger so the XXL were necessary.

For those of you who remember my harness post I have yet to decide on a harness to try. Just had too much time in the water this summer to work on gear. I will save that for the winter months.

On the training front it looks like I am going to take the DRI 1 class in Newtown, CT at the end of August. Should be fun.

Take care and hope to hear from you all soon.

Mark D.

We did a recovery of a female victim in a shallow creek about a month ago, other than that, we have been very quiet. Surprisingly as we have had some really warm weekends and the river has been somewhat busy from time to time.

We are still fighting with the City over Worker's Comp insurance, so right now, we are not even training, which is really unfortunate!!!!

Dan

Been busy. Out two reservoirs are off the hook busy and our new sector sonar unit arrived. Been on the boat a lot lately. We also just took delivery of four jet skis. Busy, busy, busy......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom