Pressure Test Rig in SFBA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrSpock

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've got a spray paint tank I've used. It's in Morgan Hill.

Thanks, Chuck! It's a bit far form me, but I might use your offer...

Spray paint tank??? Would it hold 70-80 PSI? Would it fit a canister light?

Thanks again.

So I brew beer, and have 5 gallon pony kegs. I also have a CO2 system granted ive not checked to see the max pressure of my regulator. The keg will hold 120 PSI, just dont know what the reg can deliver. Ill get back to you.

Well I know that my Salvo would fit, but if this is the wider version then probably not.

As far as the reg it maxes out at 60 PSI.

You can make one out of 4" ABS pipe, a domed end cap (not flat) and a threaded clean-out fitting and cap. I've run mine up to 120 psi, you just need to grease the threads with wax to get it to seal. Tap a 1/4 NPT hole through the doubled walled section were the threaded fitting meets the pipe. Give it a day for the cement to dry and make sure to fill it with water for the first (no test article) pressure test so there is less stored energy. Don't get to near it while under full pressure as you are in the safety factor of the pipe at that pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom