PRESS RELEASE: Majestic Explorer (06.01.2019)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Condolences to everyone affected. While it does not offset the sinking experience, at least the trip was nearly over rather than mid trip. While any actual reimbursement is independent of any comments by Explorer fleet, their communication here is a positive versus what could happen.

What I take to be a revelation about trip insurance not covering a lost boat pre-trip and any compensation apparently being all on the boat is particularly enlightening. I had thought something like that would have been covered. This deserves a sticky in the new insurance subforum.

As I booked Majestic Explorer for August 2019 trip, our group chose to cancel the trip and went with the new Calipso. We received the letter from Explorer Ventures that they would compensate up to $1500 and also $750 credit to any trip with Explorer (with no terms and conditions).

I tried to apply this $750 credit to my trip with one of the Explorer fleet in 2020, but it cannot be used because we're only allow to use this voucher only if we book directly or with the same Majestic agent.

Anyone has any experience using this $750 credit?

We haven't used our $750 credits yet, but I'm not sure I see what the problem is?
Why not just book directly with them?

P.S. We did receive compensation for flight and hotel CXL penalties.

Is the issue that the voucher is good only on certain boats and not on all Explorer boats?

They told me directly I can use the $750 on any destination (although I think it's not good on any already discounted trips), or $1000 off Galapagos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom