President's Motorcade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
WOW!! That was some pretty cool stuff. Bush is in downtown Chicago now and I walked down to see his motorcade passed by.

There was one lead police car that was ahead of the pack by about 30 seconds then about 20 cops on motorcycles and then a lot of SUV's a a couple limos...not sure if he was in a limo or an SUV but I saw alot of firepower in front and behind him.

Towards the back of the group were two vans with PRESS labeled on them. I'm curious what else was there that I didnt noticed. there wasnt a big group of people were I was at, but im sure there were plenty of plain clothes guys around.

HOT ACTION!!!

Never have had the privelage to see something like that, it sounds like something right out of the movies.
btw; nice new avatar

I have a very jaundiced view of presidential motorcades. When Clinton was campaigning for reelection, he came out to Seattle. His visit was publicized, but not the time he was coming in. That morning, I got on the freeway to get to work (where I was scheduled to be in an operating room at 7:30) and discovered they had CLOSED the entire freeway to allow his passage. Sitting, immobile, and watching twenty minutes tick by, I reflected on the fact that "some pigs are more equal than others."

Ohh yeah, they had several arteries closed off obviously in the area where he came in. Once he got in the building they brought up these huge snow plows that blocked the entrance to each side of the street.

I saw plenty of M16's in the motorcade...swat looking guys....ohh and I forgot an ambulance was in there too.

It was very cool to watch.

Regular Tom Clancy scene

i got to see Bush's motorcade when he went through (of all places) Carlisle, PA...It was worth the drunk 5 block sprint!

TSandM:
I have a very jaundiced view of presidential motorcades. When Clinton was campaigning for reelection, he came out to Seattle. His visit was publicized, but not the time he was coming in. That morning, I got on the freeway to get to work (where I was scheduled to be in an operating room at 7:30) and discovered they had CLOSED the entire freeway to allow his passage. Sitting, immobile, and watching twenty minutes tick by, I reflected on the fact that "some pigs are more equal than others."
Same thing happened last year when GWB came to town for a fundraiser at one of the Medina mansions ... they closed parts of I-5 and I-90 so he wouldn't have to be inconvenienced by traffic.

This was about the time a Mariners game was getting out ... it created one helluva a mess, but I do understand the dinner at the billionaire's home raised a lot of cash for Bush's good causes ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

jepuskar:
Ohh yeah, they had several arteries closed off obviously in the area where he came in. Once he got in the building they brought up these huge snow plows that blocked the entrance to each side of the street.

I saw plenty of M16's in the motorcade...swat looking guys....ohh and I forgot an ambulance was in there too.

It was very cool to watch.

Well we would not want another incident like his first [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]inauguration.
http://www.laweekly.com/ink/printme.php?eid=21787

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I'm not a big fan of what his presidency has brought, but still...he is the President and he has to be protected. If that means inconveincing ten's of thousands of people as im sure it does daily thats what needs to be done.

Seems crazy that just one guy can shutdown a whole expressway, but imagine if he got stuck in traffic...what a nightmare for the SS.

I would love to travel with him for just one day...i dont care if i ride with the press....that would be too cool.

I wonder at what point do you get use to all of that...at first its got to be daunting...well maybe not for him as he saw it with his father.

jepuskar:
Seems crazy that just one guy can shutdown a whole expressway, but imagine if he got stuck in traffic...what a nightmare for the SS.
Yeah ... God forbid he should ever have to experience what the little people go through every day.

Out here there's a sure-fire way to avoid getting stuck in traffic ... drive in the right-hand lane. Nobody ever drives there.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom