prescription masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got my mask done at seavision.com Did a great job and fast service. I,m distance and reading and they nailed it. I got my mask through them and if i had to do it again i would have sent them my mask as they will do any mask you send them. The mask and prescription lenses were about $225.00 including shipping. Hope this helps. Rudy

I have had no problem with the Dive Optix stick on lenses. I burn the mask lens and then carefully clean it a second time with Dawn. I then adhere the lens and allow it to set for a day. I have three masks fitted with them and have had no issues over about three years. I can do without the lenses if need be but they are certainly helpful especially in dim lighting when I seem to see the worst.

N

I have had no problem with the Dive Optix stick on lenses. I burn the mask lens and then carefully clean it a second time with Dawn. I then adhere the lens and allow it to set for a day. I have three masks fitted with them and have had no issues over about three years. I can do without the lenses if need be but they are certainly helpful especially in dim lighting when I seem to see the worst.

N

This sounds like a good option, but appear to be out of production for now.

I got mine from seavision. They're great masks to begin with, and the prescription is crystal clear. They also don't fog up very much for me, which is great (I've had a history of foggy masks). I also have severe astigmatism, so I was worried about the fishbowl effect, but so far the prescription works just fine underwater. I notice a little bit of a fishbowl effect on the surface.. it mostly goes away underwater and I experience what most divers experience with distortion through the mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom