Prescription Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotheaddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Southeast of Disorder...and San Marcos, Texas
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has anyone purchased a mask from these folks Welcome to Prescription Dive Mask
were you satisfied?

I am in the market for a new mask and the last one I bought I really didn't like the position of the bifocal it was small and down the corners of the mask half moon shape

I have 2 of them (old pres plus new) I have been very happy with the service they provide. Both of mine are bifocal and the bifocals were custom located per my request. I like them higher than normal for camera use. They do sell a gauge reader version that locates the bifocals in the lower areas of the mask but mine are basically standard glasses lens installed in the mask.

Herman,

What does it typically cost to install prescription lenses? I am blind as a bat, - or + (I forget I am not an eye doctor) 6.25.

Somewhere in the $150 to 250 range depending on your prescription and if you want/need bifocals. That assumes you send them your mask, something I highly recommend unless one of the ones they sell is exactly what you already own. Find a mask that fits and send it to them, then you are sure it will work for you. The cost is kinda high but you get a mask custom made for you and IMO well worth the cost if you need anything more than gauge readers. The mask I had on the other day had a set of lenses from PDM (link above). At my request, the bifocals are set higher in the lens and are about 1/2 a diopter higher than my prescription, makes reading that tiny print on my camera lens a lot easier to read.

I too have two masks from them. $200 or so with bifocal. I did send them both masks and they worked out great. Nice people and fast service. Too bad one of them is under the water somewhere near Shaws Cove!

I bought my son's prescription mask from them. We're just 20 mi away, and he wanted a specific mask, so I bought the mask at the LDS, took it to them and picked it up a few days later.

We've been very happy with it. I only know a few people (maybe 4 or 5) here in SD that have prescription masks, and they all went through these folks and were satisfied enough that they recommended them to us.

Back
Top Bottom