Prescription lens for mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It's about that time, I've been putting it off but it just keeps getting harder and harder to see my dive computer and camera screen. The majority of my correction is for astigmatism so off the shelf snap in lenses won't work for me. I was looking for recommendations on what company to use for custom ground lenses.

Several threads here on that topic. My wife and I have our prescriptions ground into our Seavision masks.

HOME

Highly recommended. I have different RX left and right and different astigmatism left and right. I sent them a mask and asked for the right lens to be distance only and the left lens to be a bi-focal for reading computer & guages. Bought a new mask in my favorite model, , cleaned the inside, sent it to them, and got back a perfect vision mask.

70BB34CE-E4D6-45A4-BF1F-35619FE31AEF.jpeg
I decided to go with prescriptiondivemasks.com, and purchased a new Scubamax MK153 to send them. This is the mask I have been diving for 11 years now an fits my face beautifully. Their website says turnaround time is 15 to 20 working days, it was more like 30 days. When I got the mask back and tried it on everything was very blurry. I promptly called them and spoke to the receptionist and she as me to use my left eye and look through the right lens an then do the opposite. The prescription was correct just on the wrong sides. She promptly sent me a return label and I sent it back the next day. I was told that I would be set to the front of the waiting line as this was their mistake. Two weeks later I received a new mask back with lenses in the proper positions. Now that I have done a couple of dives with the new mask I wish I would have done this years ago. So all said and done I will be using this company again, it’s not that they messed up it’s how they handled the process of making it right. As for the original turnaround time they do offer a quicker service for an additional fee.

Prescriptiondive masks.com ++

They did my first set of “gauge readers”, and when I graduated to bifocals, they did those too. Also did full lenses for my son and wife. No bobbles in any of those 4 masks. They’re local so I did drop off and pick up.

I suspect that in another 2 years, they’ll be doing a set of full lenses for me

Back
Top Bottom