preparing for fundies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BMCG:
A question to the GUE crew.

In fundies are you required to doff and don horizontally whilst maintaining neutral buoyancy?

If you mean take your backplate off and put it back on then the answer is no. But for all skills you will be expected to execute them cleanly in proper position while maintaining an awareness of your team and environment.

BMCG:
A question to the GUE crew.

In fundies are you required to doff and don horizontally whilst maintaining neutral buoyancy?
I assume you mean the mask,, the answer is Yes.

Ahh no...not the mask.

I mean taking your rig off horizontally, that is the package of doubles, backplate, bc, hoses, can light, and stage bottle, then redonning, all whilst maintaining - as best you can - neutral buoyancy.

Edit: Had not seen ed's reply.

My Intro to Tech instructor, requested this skill out of the blue. After looking at him quizically with my best John McEnroe "you can't be serious"...I proceeded to make an utter mess of it.

Post a few (quite a few) practise pool sessions, its now down to under 2 minutes and +/- 2 ft...

Goes to comfort in the water...

My instructor is an avid cave diver, and I suspect he was just throwing in a cave skill to see whether it took...

BMCG:

No.
Unless you count a mask removal as doffing and donning.
Once your gear is on, it stays on until you've finished the dive.

This question comes up with a fair degree of regularity on this board. Maybe it'd be a good subject for a sticky or a FAQ? Just a thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom