Prepaid GSM SIM cards in Mexico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bicster

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy 2 or 3 GSM SIM cards in Mexico and have them mailed to the US before our trip? I'd like to know phone numbers in advance, to share with friends & family. I know there are US companies that sell these, but the prices are ridiculous @ $70+ ... They should not be that expensive. When I went to Italy earlier this year I got a prepaid Vodafone card with 20 euros of airtime for ... 20 euros! The shops here sold them for $100 or more!

Alternatively, can I buy them at the Cozumel airport, and what can I expect to pay? Which provider should I go with? Thanks!

Telestial doesn't have any in stock ... and the $30 fee on top of the airtime credit is very steep. I guess I will buy them in Mexico.

Unfortunately, my domestic wireless provider is T-Bone (T-Mobile). :D I have international roaming, but it didn't work in Mexico the last time I was there. Still, I prefer a local prepaid card because I tend to make mostly local calls (mobile to mobile) so I can keep in touch with the others in our travel group. I'll look for a Telcel retailer after I arrive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom