Preferred DIR Bottom timer choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went back and forth between the bottom timer and a Vyper. Eventually the Vyper won out as I really enjoy examining my profiles after the dive to see if they LOOK like what I think they should.

(Occasionally, I even use it as a dive computer. Shhh, don't tell anyone)

I'm happy with my OMS bottom timer, which is simply a rebadged UWATEC Digital Depth Guage, but all black with OMS written on it in red instead of having blue "waves" on it.

Very Rule 6 compliant! :D

Christian

headhunter:
I'm happy with my OMS bottom timer, which is simply a rebadged UWATEC Digital Depth Guage, but all black with OMS written on it in red instead of having blue "waves" on it.

Awww, the rebadged Mares version is so much prettier... :D

Teamcasa:
The DiveRite and the Uwatec are the same. Both made by Uwatec.
I don't think that the "DiveRite" BT is really a DiveRite product per se. It's true that you can buy it from them via DiveRiteExpress.com, but I believe they are actually selling another manufacturer's product (Uwatec, OMS, Mares, etc), probably mostly as a convenience. As far as I know, it is not considered a DiveRite branded product.

headhunter:

Christian

I just got an OMS bottom timer. I love how the box it comes in is a UWATEC box turned inside out.

Thanks for the input folks, I think Ill go with the oms bt, i prefer the black look to the blue waves too lol, i am slowly adding the equipment to become comfortable to wa point whereI can take dir-f ,in the meantime working on my basic skills until im sick of doing them and then do them so more, and ive become completely and utterly anal about trim/bouyancy, inspired by some vids ive seen online where the diver is 1' above the sea floor and not a speck of slit/sand is moving as he fins/turns, truely an art in itself

scubajohn921:
Thanks for the input folks, I think Ill go with the oms bt, i prefer the black look to the blue waves too lol, i am slowly adding the equipment to become comfortable to wa point whereI can take dir-f ,in the meantime working on my basic skills until im sick of doing them and then do them so more, and ive become completely and utterly anal about trim/bouyancy, inspired by some vids ive seen online where the diver is 1' above the sea floor and not a speck of slit/sand is moving as he fins/turns, truely an art in itself

If you like watching vids displaying excellent Fundies - Tech 1 skills, I suggest you take a look at the Tech 1 DVD put out by AG at 5thDx. Without getting into the whole political aspect of AG's former relationship to GUE, the DVD is pure DIR, has very high production values and provides excellent demonstrations of all the basic skills. GUE has put a Tech 1 DVD out, but it's essentially a JJ-GI talking heads style presentation. It's very educational and well worth buying, but has virtually no in water demonstrations of the basic skills.

BTW - the DiveRite BT is also black (with the Red DiveRite lcgo) and easily bungied.

Gold standard? I don't think so.

Suunto D3 - includes bottom time in seconds and calculation of average depth

Further, can double as a casual watch.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom