Predator Battery Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parzdiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought my Predator in May of last year. I have about 80 dives on it. I haven't had it powered on since January of this year (been dry too long).

Well, this evening, in preparation for diving this weekend, I attempted to power it on and..... nothing. My first assumption is the battery is dead. Since I don't have any spare 3.6v AA batteries, I'll have to get one tomorrow.

While I know battery life can vary greatly depending on use, is my experience normal or is there perhaps another problem?

I'll let you know if the battery fixes the problem tomorrow.

Of course there can always be something else until you get a new battery in there. However...mind lasted 98 dives, multiple firmware upgrades and log uploads (BT uses more power) prior to it warning me enough to where I changed the battery out. If I remember right it was advertised to last approx 100 dives.

Sebastian--

Well, here it is from the manual. Amazing the information you find when you actually READ those things.....

• Battery life of over 100 hours of diving or 1 year of standby

I think I need to add a battery to my SAD kit.

Just a quick update, the battery (about $10 at Radio Shack) worked. Did a dive yesterday and everything did what it was supposed to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom