Pre-weekend video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know a lot of folks are planning on diving this weekend, so hopefully this whets your appetites a bit! I'm not diving this weekend, but I'm crossing my fingers for good conditions for all of you :)

Basically, things were still looking quite good in Carmel yesterday, and the slight uptick in surface swells has only had a minor effect on visibility/surge so far. Most interestingly, the large schools of blue rockfish are still out in force. We've run into at least one school on every dive this week, in three different Point Lobos locations! No different this time around, they were just lounging out in Middle Reef, paying us little heed. This was small-fish dive, with a tiny ling and some tiny cabs, but also a good sized B&Y rockfish, one of my favs to see.

[youtubehq]NytinPtbUmQ[/youtubehq]

I know a lot of folks are planning on diving this weekend, so hopefully this whets your appetites a bit! I'm not diving this weekend, but I'm crossing my fingers for good conditions for all of you :)

Basically, things were still looking quite good in Carmel yesterday, and the slight uptick in surface swells has only had a minor effect on visibility/surge so far. Most interestingly, the large schools of blue rockfish are still out in force. We've run into at least one school on every dive this week, in three different Point Lobos locations! No different this time around, they were just lounging out in Middle Reef, paying us little heed. This was small-fish dive, with a tiny ling and some tiny cabs, but also a good sized B&Y rockfish, one of my favs to see.

[youtubehq]NytinPtbUmQ[/youtubehq]

Very nice vid. Wish I could get in there this weekend.

Guy

Thanks for the video and report! We're gonna try Carmel tomorrow.

Heh, thanks very much! Lately it's been harder to find cute bunny clips than to video/process the dives themselves :)

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, really glad to see that you got out this week.

Humm, something new waiting exploration :)! Thanks for the tease! I hope the rock fish & great conditions stick around for tomorrow :).

It's great you are getting so much diving in but I think your bunnies must be worn out from all this posing ;-).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom