practice video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GUE does it outside. UTD does it inside. You can donate with the hose trapped by the light cord, you just can't fully deploy.

I keep mine outside, not because I take GUE classes (although I do) and despite the fact that I take UTD classes. It's because sharing gas is almost completely a theoretical possibility (given who I dive with) and passing the light isn't that big a deal. However, there are lots of times when I clip off my light, and I enjoy not having to reroute the cord.

I actually think that UTD does not have a required under vs over standard. In my Essentials class, one instructor said to dive with it under (and make sure to pass it back under when stowing the light), while the other instructor dives it over. They said to do which ever you prefer, but to make sure that you don't screw it up when stowing the light.

That said, I have done it both ways, but have not done a full S-drill with it over. I would like to practice both ways and pick which one works best for me.

I dove doubles again yesterday for the first time in almost 2 weeks. I repositioned my tanks lower on the plate and it definitely helped out a LOT, thanks TSandM. Unfortunately I didn't get any video but during valve drills I have my legs pretty much motionless, I also slowed down a whole bunch. I also dove with the light outside of my long hose and it wasn't an issue. I'm going to try and get another video early next week to compare depending on weather here.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom