Practice Golf Balls or Bio-balls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I’m in the final stages of gathering the materials for a Nitrox Stick. I was going to go with a Static Blender chamber but the manufacturer is out of 2” components. So I’m using a 2” pvc pipe.

What are your suggestions on either Practice Golf Balls or Bio-balls for the blending?

…And why?

Thanks Gas Blenders for your suggestions.

Michael

Absolutely...

I called the manufacturer and he indicated that they cannot get the inside blender component to make 2" x 20" Clear Chambers. He did not say and I did not ask if the shortage is permanent or temporary. I will actually build two Nitrox Sticks before I am done; one for stationary use and one for a mobile trailer.

StatiFlow.JPG

I found the lid of some 100mm pvc cable trunking somewhere and cut and heated and twisted it

You don't need a clear tube unless you're processing vegetables

Normal people use wiffle balls

Small vegetables

Whiffle ball it is…but do I really have to be “normal”? :monkeydance:

I just ordered a bunch of 1" bio-balls - no idea how many I'll actually need, I'm making my stick out of 4" PVC (this will be feeding a 13.5CFM compressor, so I figured bigger is better... ). The nice thing is that they make 4" floor drain grates that should sandwich nicely in between the tube body and the other fittings/couplings on each end. Taking my time on my build though since it's too cold to run the compressor most days anyway right now here...

normal”?

It's good to start mixing that way then come the adjustments

The nice thing is that they make 4" floor drain grates that should sandwich nicely in between the tube body and the other fittings/couplings on each end.

What's also nice is they make all sorts of adaptors and reducers so you don't unecessarily go too big

which also lets you fit non restrictive caps like these

s-l960.jpg

and put some fire in your freezing compressor room

which also lets you fit non restrictive caps like these

View attachment 825670

and put some fire in your freezing compresor room

Yeah, I'm still figuring out Filter options.... I have some ideas though.

And my compressor is in my unheated garage. Fortunately we don't usually have long stretches where it's sub 50F. The other week when it hit 70F during the day I snuck out and topped off the air banks.

For anyone else looking for media - ~200 1.5" Bio-balls are nearly a perfect fill for a 48" length of 4" PVC pipe.

Back
Top Bottom